Vision and Values
All children and young people at Millom School will have access to appropriate high quality education in a community that enables them to achieve the skills, knowledge and qualities to become responsible and successful citizens.
We will achieve our vision by providing learning that shows:
- Millom School is a place for the whole community, with a local, national & international dimension
- Millom School is a place for personal growth, friendship, a place that encourages tolerance, understanding, respect for others, and the area in which you live.
- Millom School is a place for preparing you for the rest of your life.
- Millom School is a place to develop your talents and skills, along with the independence and self-discipline needed to be happy and successful.
- Millom School is a place for the present, today, as well as the future
We aim to:
- lmprove educational outcomes for all learners
- lmprove the performance of every subject department
- Train and develop our staff to be the best they can be
- Develop the school site, buildings and classroom equipment (within budgetary constraints)
- Maintain and develop a positive, outward facing and inclusive school
- Ensure school leavers know right from wrong, have respect for themselves & others and are well skilled (particularly in literacy, numeracy, and ICT) and employable
At Millom School we believe:
- A strong community of student and adult learners is based on mutual respect, empathy and personal integrity.
- Students should be empowered, develop curiosity and foster their creativity to make a difference to society.
- Happy, confident and secure students will learn more and will achieve greater things.
- That to improve all of us need to work hard, play hard and push our boundaries.
- Students who pursue their interests and talents will be happier, will have a sense of purpose and will develop a love of learning for life.
- That to be successful in life all of us need to develop leadership and teamwork skills.